VGA Graphics Adapter, not started? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, it says under my device manager that my Standard VGA Graphics Adapter "could not start".  I tried disabling it and starting it again, I tried restarting my computer, I tried getting its updates, but none of that worked.

I think it's even affecting the previewing of screensavers and such.

Can somebody PLEASE help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.   I have a Gateway M1624 if that helps with anything.
    • Moved by ashawani_dubey Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:11 AM not related to this forum (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:41 PM

All replies

• Try asking in a more suitable forum.

This one is ONLY for feedback on the forum software.
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:21 PM correction
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:20 PM
  • Maybe Fixya.com
    Take a chance. Prepare to be surprised.
    Monday, August 4, 2008 8:54 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:10 AM
  • usually but not always this signals the end of life for an internal video card however if you can see the screen then this does not apply
    to check whats goin g on with your card do this
    right clickthe desktop and sleect settings formthe menu tabs at the top
    once there click advanced then find the video device tab and see whats listed
    if it s an internal card that is failing then you llhav eto get  another card

we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:42 AM