none
MCSE 2012 to 2016 Certification Path RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Surez,

you'll need to be a bit more precise on this. What do you want to achieve? 

There arent any MCSEs for SQL Server / Windows Server 2016, these are the MCSEs available:

If you mean the MCSA Windows Server 2012 -> MCSA Windows Server 2016 upgrade

Explore:

MCSA Certification

MCSE Certification

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, June 18, 2018 8:06 PM
  • Hi Daniel

I have the same query. I have SQL Server MCSE:Data Platform in SQL Server 2012 which is now retired. And I have gone through every certification information on Microsoft website there is no information on how to upgrade this certification to SQL Server 2016 MCSE:Data Management and Analytics or MCSE:Cloud Platform and Infrastructure. 

Another confusing thing is that for above mentioned available MCSE you need to give 1 exam from the whole list of exams which include 70-464 and 70-465. 

And I have already given those exams when I upgraded my MCITP to MCSE:Data Platform. So not sure what to do now. I hope I don't have to start from MCSA.

Regards
    Rohit

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:58 PM
  • Hi Rohit,

I'm afraid you'll need to start all over again by starting with a MCSA.

It takes 3 exams to get to the MCSE: Data Management and Analytics certification (with the MCSA SQL 2016 DB Admin at least):

You might want to have a look at your Dashboard at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/dashboard.aspx (and then go to "Go to certification planner").

You might have a better path that takes less exams to pass (in case you hold other certifications or have passed other exams)

Good luck on your exams.

Regards

Daniel

MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MS - Security+ - Network+

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:51 PM