none
70-640 Email Practice Test Question Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am preparing for the 70-640 exam (MCTS:  Active Directory 2008) and I have signed up for Microsoft's practice questions which are received through email on a weekly basis.  The following is one such question.

You need to move the Active Directory database on the computer. You must minimize the impact on the other services running on the computer. What should you do first? (Each correct answer presents a complete solution. Choose two.)

A: Use Computer Manager to stop the Active Directory service.

B: Restart the domain controller in Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM).

C: Run Net stop to stop the Active Directory service.

D: Run Ntdsutil to compact the database.

E. Run Dcpromo to force removal of the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) role.

Now, the first thing I noticed is that A & C both do the same thing.  I also notice that none of the other answers really fit the question.  The accompanying video confirms that the answers are A & C; however, I believe this is misleading.  This implies that when moving an AD DS database, you must stop the service using both Computer Management and net stop, which is simply unnecessary to use both tools.

My post is simply because I believe that this question is very poorly worded, and it annoys me.  Any thoughts?

Monday, May 16, 2011 5:13 PM

All replies