Run a free OneCare scan does not start exectution RRS feed

• General discussion

• I originally asked this question  a few days ago in this Forum, The moderater moved the thread to the "off topic" catagory, The title of the thread is "Is Windows Live Onecare compatiable with Microsoft Security Essentials?" The moderator suggested I ask the question to the XP forum.

I'm back to find out why the ActiveX application won't start? After installing the ActiveX software, pressing the start scan button does nothing, I hear a alert tone in my speaker, The web page does not update with any error code or explanation of the exception. I can sit and press the Start Scan Button all day long.

The question is: Why won't the Scan start executing?

OneCareLive was originally a paid subscription service. I never paid for the service, I do not have an authorization code.

WinXP, SP3, All windows update patches installed, 1 antiVirus service; Norton Internet Security 2010 running.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:33 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:33 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:25 PM

All replies

• This forum is for the installed version of Windows Live One Care. The Safety Scanner may not launch because NIS 2010 may be blocking it but that is just a guess. You can get help from people who have expertise with the Safety Scanner here - http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:42 PM