We are now accepting new customers on Live Mesh! Really? RRS feed

• General discussion

•  We are now accepting new customers on Live Mesh!by Ben [Live Mesh] 22 hours 9 minutes ago

Signing up for Live Mesh now!

The Live Mesh team is pleased to announce that we have simplified the signup process for our US customers. We are doubling the upper limit of our technology preview program. Our technology preview is still limited to ensure great performance and experience for our customers. You can now use Live Mesh just by signing in to www.mesh.com with a valid Windows Live ID. No waiting list at this time!

Per the above, there's no waiting list.  But I got several people to sign up today, adn they got put on a waiting list.  Is it already full?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:10 PM

All replies

• Did they set their Live ID to En-US? Several people have said they got the waiting list prompt too, but it was because of that reason.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

For anyone in the US who is encountering problems signing up for Live Mesh, please make sure that in your Live ID profile, Country/Region is set to United States, not left blank.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:30 PM
  • Will do.  I just tried with my work live id, and it let me right in.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:11 AM
  • Changing region in profile isn't as easy as you'd think.
    I can change to US (from UK) easy enough. But, then my address and phone number fail validation on that page.

Should I then fake them all to be in the US? I'm not really happy with doing that, as my account is linked to my Xbox account, and that will give me problems with payments.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:33 AM
  • Barry McCauley said:

Changing region in profile isn't as easy as you'd think.
    I can change to US (from UK) easy enough. But, then my address and phone number fail validation on that page.

Should I then fake them all to be in the US? I'm not really happy with doing that, as my account is linked to my Xbox account, and that will give me problems with payments.

Create a new LiveID for use with Live Mesh at http://account.live.com so that your "real" account isn't monkeyed with!
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, July 18, 2008 1:22 PM