XP, Mesh, No Folders and No News RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Live Mesh on XP Pro SP3.  I have mesh account and many folders and till now were able to sync few computers.  On this new Laptop, Windows XP, however, after installation I do not see any folders or news on the Live Mesh little window.  If I click on Manage Folders, I get nothing. 

If I create new folders in the Mesh, I get MOE error: "MOE Failed with status code: 306 unkown status code.

I have un-installed, re-installed.  I get no error during installation or signing in, and it says "Live Mesh is currently online"
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:31 PM

Answers

• Strange.

The best I can offer is that you submit a bug report, but I'm not sure that you'll get any response to it...

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 1, 2010 1:25 AM

All replies

• I've never seen this error before, but clearly something is wrong.

Does the device show up in your Mesh at www.mesh.com ? If not, then it has never comunicated back to the Mesh. If it is listed, remove it from the Mesh and uninstall Live Mesh once again on that PC.

After uninstalling, remove the registry keys as noted in this from the "known issues" post:
     manually remove the Live Mesh Registry entries.

Manually editing the Registry
               1. Click Start
    . Click Run
               3. Type Regedit and hit Enter (if you are on Vista you will need to agree to a UAC prompt)
               4. In the Registry Editor remove the following Registry entries:
                     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935
                     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\<YOURSID>\Products
                     \9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935   (NOTE:  <YOURSID> value will be unique to you.)

You noted that it is XP SP3. Have all updates been applied? What security software is running? What type of Windows User account was it installed under? Administrative rights?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, January 29, 2010 4:16 PM
  • All updates are installed.  I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection (same as other PCs). The use is administrative.  After uninstalling the "9D1E4B..." was also gone.  I remove the laptop from the mesh cloud, and install mesh again, same problem.  No error is reported, "Live Mesh is currently online.  You are connected to your mesh", but nothing in the manage folders. 

-Thanks
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:44 PM
  • Strange.

The best I can offer is that you submit a bug report, but I'm not sure that you'll get any response to it...

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

Monday, February 1, 2010 1:25 AM