none
New MSDN/Technet Profile view

General discussion

• Hello,

I one of my recent post, I rose the fact that the profile view gived us only few informations about our activity.

This is where I received an answer from Richard Mueller redirecting me to this new activity page from MSDN (will show you mine): https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/gilles%20tremblay/

This is a lot better than is was before.

I would like to suggest a few more things that, I think, would be appreciated from the community.

• Ability to have the list activities for at least the last 30 days, instead of, I think is 100 or 200 items.
    • Ability to see only our ANSWERED threads notifications, so we could track more efficiently our record. Now we only get the total.
    • Ability to have more relevant filters in activity list
    • Explain how the Top Answerers for Last 30 days works, how stats are compiled, etc.

Please post your comments or suggestions, so we can all benefits new features from this new interface.

Best regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

• Edited by Gilles Tremblay Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:09 PM
    • Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:46 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:46 PM
  • The activity tab in our profile shows the last 100 activities. For some active participants that means only a few days, or even hours.

Long ago we had a way to query forum threads for things like answered threads where we participated. That stopped working years ago.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:54 PM
  • I remember when we had more than 100 activities shown and it would time out trying to display them.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:58 PM