Would someone be able to send me PP3? RRS feed

• Question

• It seems to be down on the connect website, I need this as soon as possible.
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:32 PM

Answers

• Please see the sticky I just posted...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, September 25, 2009 3:59 PM

All replies

• Urgently need it too, I am supposed to present PP3 at a Media Center community meeting at Microsoft in Cologne tomorrow. I have a brand new Home server in my luggage, but no PP3 is available for download on connect.

If anyone from MSFT reads this, please contact me on Communicator or via E-Mail v-chhabe@microsoft.com
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:29 PM
  • Please let me know if someone has been kind enough to send it to you. I have searched the internet everywhere for a mirror, or a torrent with no luck. One of you must have it on your computer still.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:32 PM
  • Please see the sticky I just posted...
    Friday, September 25, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Okay, well this sucks for both me and the other guy here. I am almost unable to run WHS since I am on a netbook with Windows 7 for one, and for two I set up the home server just so I can use media center on it. I was going to stream TV to an extender through home server. As soon as I finish installing, it is taken down. Microsoft should have warnings that it will be taken down, I can't wait over a month for this to be released.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 4:05 PM
  • I have a copy if someone still needs it just e-mail me at steveh1979@aol.com and let me know ill zip it up its like 24.6mgb i think
    Monday, September 28, 2009 6:40 AM
  • Alexoc@live.ca

Thank you!!!
    Monday, September 28, 2009 2:12 PM
  • Have you gentlemen considered that these forums are doubtless trolled by spammers on a very regular basis, as is every reasonably active online forum? Just as an interesting statistic, I saw a jump of 30% in spam received by the honeypot email address I have in my profile within a month after putting it there. 

In any case the question of "where to get it" is moot, as Microsoft has restored downloads on Connect.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:03 PM
  • You really sound like one of those people that have nothing better to do with their life then spend it on a web forum and pretend to be better then everyone else. We get it, you are a loser.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:33 PM
  • For those that need to review forum policy see: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsannouncements/thread/9e900d9b-fd90-4388-a76d-d14663cca00b

Especially this part:

"In addition to the above guidelines, you need to adhere to the following rules:

·         Rule #1:  You may only post threads for Windows Home Server

·         Rule #2:  Be polite to ALL users

o   If a user states incorrect information, please correct their misconceptions courteously.

o   If they respond with insults directed at you or others,  click the “Report Abuse” button in the lower right corner of each post.

o   Sarcasm should not be used, this is a forum where we are here to help each other.

o   Jokes or negative remarks about another person will not be tolerated.

Violators to these rules WILL be banned from the Windows Home Server Community forums without warning.  Forum Moderators may warn or moderate posts for those who push the grey area.  Repeated questionable posts will cause a person to be banned as well.  Our recommendation is to use the “Report Abuse”  link, and let the Windows Home Server Community team handle the abusive users in the forums.  Reporting helps the Windows Home Server Community team quickly determine who should remain a forum user and who should not."

Other "non-abuse" aka "normal" users that are concern how certain users are taking this forum in a negative direction, please feel free to use the "report as abuse" button.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:47 PM