none
proposed answer can not be corrected by the proposer RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• In the TechNet Sandbox forum I was able to reply to a question, then propose it as an answer, then edit my reply. Then I was able to unpropose my reply as an answer. But I refreshed after each of these steps.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, May 27, 2013 10:55 PM
  • Test - extra content after proposing

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, May 27, 2013 11:59 PM
  • You both are moderators, 

I cannot even anymore propose the reply from Naomi as answer. 

Please don't behave me like I'm a fool.

Also be aware that since the in my eyes offending mails I got when proposing my own replies as answer, I never do that anymore.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:03 AM

• theres no un-propose button

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:53 AM
  • Rob_k, what do you mean? I always see Unpropose button after I proposed a reply, but unproposing my own reply takes a lot of time. Say, yesterday I had to do this twice before I was able to unpropose my reply I proposed as a test.

My blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:51 PM
  • In your own thread you will not be able to propose an answer. In the thread started by you you have only 3 options - mark answer, unmark answer, unpropose a reply proposed by somebody else. So, in this thread you should be able to unpropose replies that are already proposed. You may try it.

Also, unproposing will probably take a lot of time, but this is part of another bug which is partially fixed now - proposing and marking works Ok, but unproposing/unmarking may take long time.

My blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:54 PM
  • Yes, I also understand it this way, but can not duplicate. Apparently some weird combination of settings may cause this problem.

My blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:48 PM
  • for all those descending from Thomas.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/9868a740-2d5d-431a-9563-ec41791ac6f5/#e3b0f81c-17cb-4332-b985-f55c9caaca34

Original propose refreshing message browser Chrome

The same I get by restarting Chrome again

Starting IE new and showing the same result in this

Be aware that you can find this kind of information by looking into somebodies profile and look at the Marked as Answer activities.

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:46 AM
  • I thought Cor just needed to refresh to see the Unpropose button. But if I read the screen shots in Cor's last reply (dated May 29) correctly, he is experiencing something I have never seen (or heard reported). I would experiment, but I don't have Chrome. My tests so far just required a refresh.

Can anyone duplicate this, either in Chrome or other?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:20 PM
  • I have found that I am unable to unpropose an answer I've previously proposed. See this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/thread/4f505e08-985e-4eec-9f1d-912c0ca2f1a3

Screenshot:

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever been able to unpropose an answer I've proposed. That's led me to avoid proposing answers, since I can't go back and remove the proposal as the thread develops. I just checked and I cannot see an unpropose button in Firefox (latest), Chrome (latest) or IE10.

EDIT: Additional observation - I just proposed an answer in the PowerShell forum. I could see the unpropose button until I refreshed the page. Now it's gone again.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/thread/c4b197a6-028c-49e8-a27b-2cbceb51bf17

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:56 AM
  • Any progress in this bug?

Success
    Cor

Saturday, June 8, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Yes. It looks like you're unproposing answers now. That's the original issue.

But I think another issue is coming up in this thread...

When someone proposes an answer, they cannot immediately unpropose it. (They must wait or refresh the page a few times first.)

Can we get that bug refined for a repro?

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:19 PM
    Owner
  • Yes. It looks like you're unproposing answers now. That's the original issue.

But I think another issue is coming up in this thread...

When someone proposes an answer, they cannot immediately unpropose it. (They must wait or refresh the page a few times first.)

Can we get that bug refined for a repro?

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

I cannot repro. I just proposed an answer here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/thread/4f505e08-985e-4eec-9f1d-912c0ca2f1a3

...Where I am not a mod/admin or OP, and I immediately got the "Unpropose As Answer" link/button.

Any repro steps I can try?

Thanks!

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:22 PM
    Owner
  • I verified that this is a Known Issue and logged as a bug now.

Thanks!

Monday, June 10, 2013 9:12 PM
    Owner
  • I verified that this is a Known Issue and logged as a bug now.

Great, thank you. Since I seem to be one of the few people in this thread who can constantly reproduce the missing unpropose button, please let me know if I can be of any help.
    Monday, June 10, 2013 11:10 PM
  • This issue still exists after the "upgrade".
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:08 PM