hpc 2012 r2 dll activation filter not working RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create dll activation filter for a particular job template for hpc 2012 r2. I was editing the activationflexlm visual c# project that is in hpc2012.sample code. The microsoft.hpc.scheduler.dll I am using is from 2012 and is requiring me to target and compile against .net framework 4.0. I am able to create a dll and I put it in the %cpp_data%/filters location and put the dll name in the activation filters job template properties. However it does not seem to be working. I keep getting the activation filter has held your job and then it says that there are no resources available. I am also trying to cache xml file with the feature's port and license server information, but it doesnt seem to be pulling that information at all. Does anyone have any tips on how to get this to work?

Thanks!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:42 PM

All replies

• ok I was able to get the activation to go through. However it doesn't look like it is pulling my license features correctly. I am trying to use an xml cachefile and in it I have key value pairs with the key being the flexlm feature and the value being the port and server names. However it doesnt seem to be pulling either information. Does anyone know how the xml needs to be set up?
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:03 PM
  • nicka345, how did you get the activation to go through?

Thats where I'm stuck. Error message seems to point to the ConfigurationManager.AppSettings not responding like it should/does when I run the .exe or debug the dll through VS by hand.

--jpn

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:32 PM
  • ok I was able to get the activation to go through. .....
    I would like to know how you did that, too!
    Thanks!
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 11:58 AM