Shared Calendar - "Set Regarding" does not work??????? "this meeting will be tracked in CRM after it is saved or sent" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all, I need help....

I use CRM 2011 with Outlook 2010 and have major issue when involved two users:
    User 1 (Sales Manager)
    User 2 (Assistant, with full access to Sales Manager's calendar)

Scenario: Sales Manager creates appointment in Outlook. Assistant finds appointment in Sales Manager's calendar and then clicks "Set Regarding" to an Account..

Problem:  Little CRM box in Appointment opens up and says "Regarding" whatever account Assistant linked to but then it states "This meeting will be tracked in CRM after it is saved or sent" but I already Saved and Closed the Appointment, not sure what needs to still be done??  It seems Outlook is not picking up this change. It does work if Assistant opens appointment and makes some change within it first(like update subject) and then Sets Regarding, otherwise I get this message hanging around.

Any thoughts? This is a big problem as we use shared calendars a lot and can't figure out what is going here and then those Appointments cant be accessed in CRM

Would much appreciate any feedback!

Thanks so much!

Dan

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Answers

• i mean a .pst or .ost = local datafile. but a shared mailbox/calender has no local datafile on your computer.

Whenever you set regarding crm for outlook client in a supported way it needs the datafile. your mainmailbox should use a .pst or .ost datafile- you can move the mail/appointments to your datafile and track from there.

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

• Marked as answer by Donyc Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:48 PM

All replies

• bump
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:52 PM
  • anyone any thoughts?
    Friday, October 3, 2014 6:04 PM
  • are you trying to track a reccuring appointment? I saw this message when we tried to track an appointment that had the following features.

1. Appointment sent to a distribution group.

2. The appointment was also a recurring appointment.

I am not sure which one of the option triggered this message. When we looked in CRM. The appointment was tracked.

regards

Jithesh

Friday, October 3, 2014 11:03 PM
  • hi, no its not reccuring
    Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:15 PM
  • any thoughts?
    Monday, October 6, 2014 2:36 AM
  • set regarding needs a local datafile. your shared calender haven´t a local datafile...

move to your local datafile and than track there

Monday, October 6, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

What do you mean it needs to locate datafile? Would you mind adding more detail, would very much appreciate it.

Dan

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 11:31 AM
  • Hi Dan,

You could try to find Ryan A. Anderson (PFE) who authored the following article. There is a little link on right side "Email Blog Author" 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2011/05/24/outlook-shared-calendar-access-for-dynamics-crm.aspx

PFEs are guys/Girls working a long time in CRM and really experts and a treasure trove of information. :)

You could also contact these guys to see the add on can work in your case (with outlook integration). or to see if your requirement is even possible/or a solution to your problem. (by the way, did you click save again when you get this message ?)

http://www.mscrm-addons.com/Products/AddonsforMSCRM2011/GroupCalendar/tabid/171/Default.aspx

We do not use shared calendar functionality. so can't be of much help to you.

Good Luck,

Jithesh.K

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 11:58 AM
  • i mean a .pst or .ost = local datafile. but a shared mailbox/calender has no local datafile on your computer.

Whenever you set regarding crm for outlook client in a supported way it needs the datafile. your mainmailbox should use a .pst or .ost datafile- you can move the mail/appointments to your datafile and track from there.

• Marked as answer by Donyc Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:48 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

How would you move mail/appointments to datafile and track from there? I understand what you mean but little unclear what resolution needs to be? Any more details would be much appreciated. thanks so much!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:12 PM
  • How would you move mail/appointments to datafile and track from there?...just by drag and drop when u have opened both calendars in outlook

you could try this also, but this have never worked as it should reliable for my customers: http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/dynamics-crm-2011-outlook-client-how-to.html

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:58 AM
  • it has to be dragged manually everytime appointment is created?
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 1:53 PM
  • yes, this is the supported way

Thursday, October 9, 2014 4:39 PM
  • but you can also try this: http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/dynamics-crm-2011-outlook-client-how-to.html

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Ovadia Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:10 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 4:40 PM