Print CRM 2011 custom report in batch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am not sure if anyone can help me on this requirement in CRM 2011:

A custom report runs per instance of an entity.  Say, a report is called ‘my Account report’.  In order to run and print this report, user will have to load an account form first.  Run and print each account's report from there.

Instead of running and printing the report by loading each account, my user wants to know if he can run, say 100 accounts, ‘my Account report’ at the same time, and print them at once. 

The first solution came to my mind is if there is CRM 2011 add-on in the market.  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:56 PM

All replies

• The reports will print whatever data you feed to it. In the sense that we have a contact summary report. It will show detail of a contact if viewed from a contact form's report menu.

but the same report will show a number of contact page after page when opened from reports menu and filter criteria applied.

now if you want the report to be automatically send to printer, you may need a custom.net service application to do it.

regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Hi, Jithesh-

thanks.  I really want third-party software or CRM 2011 add-on which can do this run-and-print-batch-report job.  Does anyone know?

Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:38 PM
  • I believe this company makes an add-on which can incorporate report generation into a workflow. From there you could run a workflow on a number of records at once.

http://www.mscrm-addons.com/Products/MSCRM2013/DocumentsCorePack.aspx

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, August 29, 2014 1:17 AM