none
Is it possible to reset the tv archive for recorded shows? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody know if it is possible to reset the TV Archive system to forget about the shows that have been archived/compressed?  I've got a bunch of shows that are marked archived that aren't and would like to get them archived and compressed.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Sten 

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:20 PM

All replies

• Does anybody know if it is possible to reset the TV Archive system to forget about the shows that have been archived/compressed?  I've got a bunch of shows that are marked archived that aren't and would like to get them archived and compressed.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Sten

You can clear the logs inside the Console, but that shouldn't be affecting your archiving anyway.  What happens if you un-select all of the shows to be archived, save it, then select one of them to be archived, and save it again?  Are you getting any error messages?  If so, exactly what does it say?
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Unfortunetly no error messages are displayed nor can I find any log.  I've tried what you suggested but no go, the archive doesn't start.  I've tried uninstalling the Home Server and WHS add-in and rebooted to no effect. 

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Unfortunetly no error messages are displayed nor can I find any log.  I've tried what you suggested but no go, the archive doesn't start.  I've tried uninstalling the Home Server and WHS add-in and rebooted to no effect. 
    Sorry, I gave you the wrong place for the logs.  You can find out the results of the archive attempts in Media Center > Home Server > TV Archive > Activity.  Select one of the failures and it will have a reason at the bottom.
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:41 PM