CRM Data cleanup options RRS feed

• General discussion

• So I've recently inherited the task of cleaning up data in CRM 2013. We have at least a few thousand duplicate records that need to be purged - but the problem is the default tools to handle this in CRM 2013 are not adequate.

for example, I'm looking at one record thats been duplicated 5-6 times - but the populated fields on each record is different. One has an address, the other has a state, 2 of them have different phone numbers etc. Doing this by hand with the duplicate detection tool is not an option.

Are there any rule based 3rd party tools for data clean up? Ideally I'm looking for something that can auto-merge based on criteria such as exact match, related record match, last modified, populated vs non-populated field, - things of that nature.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:22 PM

All replies

• There is a tool by PowerObjects https://www.powerobjects.com/utilities/merge-utility/ .. Not sure of the cost., you can check with them.

Alternately, you can write a custom application to look for the duplicates based on your requirement and merge them. You can also use the same logic as part of a customworkflowactivity/plugin so that it automatically runs when a new record is created and ensures your data quality.

HTH

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:43 PM