Charts in HTML web resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a chart in CRM 2011 for a custom entity. On the form view of the entity, I have created custom ribbon buttons. I have an HTML web resource which opens (using window.open) on click of one of the ribbon buttons of the entity.

Now, I have an IFrame on the HTML page where I want to display the chart I had created earlier.

Is there any way to do that, since there is no URL generated for the chart, therefore I cannot directly give it in the source of the IFrame.

Or any other way, even without using an IFrame. I just want that chart to be displayed in my custom web resource HTML page.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:18 AM

Answers

• Anuj,

This is not possible in a supported way.

Charts in CRM are loaded by making a POST request with several parameters to a server page (Visualization.aspx). It should be possible to do the same from your own custom web resource, but you must keep in mind that these parameters are not documented and may change in future releases.

Thanks,

Arko.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Hi Guru,

As I have mentioned before, these parameters are *not* documented and there is no guarantee that we will continue supporting the same in future releases. So I would strongly discourage you from taking a dependency on them.

For your information, all the required parameters are part of a blob of XML that is posted to Visualization.aspx to render out the chart. You should be able to see the contents of this XML using Fiddler.

Arko

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• `Hello Anuj,

The IFrame source should do the trick.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CWS SoftwareBiz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:09 AM
  • Hi Cornel,

What you are saying is true, but since the charts are not URL addressable, which URL should I give in the source of the IFrame?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Anuj,

This is not possible in a supported way.

Charts in CRM are loaded by making a POST request with several parameters to a server page (Visualization.aspx). It should be possible to do the same from your own custom web resource, but you must keep in mind that these parameters are not documented and may change in future releases.

Thanks,

Arko.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Hi Arko,

can you tell me what are chart parameters we needs to pass to the custom web resource? Is there any way to find those parameters?

I am having similar requirement to display chart in a web resource. 

any help much appreciated...

Guru Prasad
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Development and bump

Regards, Donna

Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Hi Guru,

As I have mentioned before, these parameters are *not* documented and there is no guarantee that we will continue supporting the same in future releases. So I would strongly discourage you from taking a dependency on them.

For your information, all the required parameters are part of a blob of XML that is posted to Visualization.aspx to render out the chart. You should be able to see the contents of this XML using Fiddler.

Arko

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:17 PM