none
The referenced component 'Common.Logging' could not be found.___ RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I downloaded a project from TFS and I am getting multiple errors similar to the above error. I know I can add reference by browsing through ( there is a folder which has the dll files  and a packages folder )

How do I know what version of these references were used in the existing project. Is there like a config file or something that I can view.

Friday, June 29, 2018 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi cally_kalpana,

Thank you for posting ehre.

Since your question is more related to TFS, you could post a new thread in StackOverFlow.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tfs

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 29, 2018 8:17 AM
  • It could be several different things.

If it is a binary reference from NuGet then simply opening the solution should download the correct version. You can look for a package.config file in the solution root for this.

If it is a binary reference but not from NuGet then there is no way to know the version. You can open the project file in a text editor and, most likely, it'll have a hint path that specifies where the original version was from but that does you no go by itself. Since you're downloading from TFS it sounds like this is private code so it is possible this solution requires that you also download some sort of shared source code from TFS as well. Only your company devs would know that so you should ask them.

If it is a project reference then it is most likely missing from TFS. But again it could be a shared project and you would also need to download it from TFS. Your company devs should be able to answer that.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Friday, June 29, 2018 1:44 PM