Cant get reports because it it locked in update mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have used Money2005 for the past nine years without a hitch - I never used the on-line facilities.  Two days ago, I got locked out of my money application at the password. My password could not be accepted, it kept asking for my net password which has always been the same.  I checked this out in the forums and learned that I had to switch to the Sunset version.  I did and I re imported two years of banking qif files (since my original data was locked)  - so far so good.  Now I try to get reports and all I get is "Money Upgrade in Progress - this feature in not available until the upgrade is complete".  It has been stuck at 1% complete for two days - conclusion - there appears to be nothing there to get an upgrade from.  How do I stop the upgrade process and get some reports??  I have put hours of work into this and I feel like it is a lost cause.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:57 PM

All replies

• Shall I presume you are not in the US or Canada? If so, Money Sunset will not be able to use your Money 2005 files. Also, you cannot use your original Money 2005 disk to reinstall Money. Instead, use the appropriate link from the first posting in this forum to get the appropriate install file. Save the install file onto a CD, since we don't know how long those links will work.

Before installing, save your most recent *.mny and *.m14 and *.m12 files onto other media such as a USB flash drive. Also save your two latest *.mbf files. Those may be needed to get you going.

Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for your response. Yes, I am based in the UK. Last night, I became suspicious of the install of Sunset that I thought had taken place.  So I saved my data and then did a new install of Sunset, this time I got the full range of installation prompts and reassurances and the removal of Money 2005.  I logged on to the newly installed Sunset using my existing password for my data base and everything works, all my data is there with no update issues.  I get the full reports etc so my problem is solved.  I put it down to my failure to install Sunset correctly the first time.   I was considering other alternatives but to be very honest, there is nothing that can match Money, in the UK marketplace, for the basic functionality that I need and that also can import qif files. I didn't want to rebuild it all over again.

Thanks again,

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:57 AM