Unable to open drive c: after installing Internet explorer 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the right category to post my problem.  Anyway, here goes - I cannot open/explore drive c: after installing Internet Explorer 8 BETA.  I had use system restore to my computer but still it did not correct the problem.  My system is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, version 2002, service pack 3. 

This is the error that came out: http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7816/10748588ac5.png

I hope you can help me right away!  Thanks in advance!
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark,
    this forums topic is the operating system Windows Home Server. Therefore your question here is off topic. Since Internet Explorer 8 is a Beta product, you should post in the related Beta newsgroups and report a bug on Microsoft Connect.

This being said, could it be, that IE 8 is not the main reason. Did you already uninstall it and try again?  If this doesn't help, either try an earlier system restore point or check the event log for more detailed error messages or warnings. Try to run chkdsk /f /r from a command prompt to fix eventual disk issues.

Can you open folders below C:\ by clicking Start/Run and entering a folder name (i.e. C:\Windows)?
    Could also be, that a corrupt file in C:\ is causing this crash.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:54 AM