How to create a listbox attribute? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to create a listbox attribute as part of an entity?

I have an Entity named 'Company'..  We added an attribute called 'IsFoo'. I want to have a control on my Company Entity form that looks like this if the Company IsFoo: http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4300/maponetomany.png

On the left side, I want to have 'all available Foo's' and on the right side I want 'this companies foos'

Both of these Foo's are Company Entities. I am basically trying to model a 'FooCompanyFamily', and be able to map which 'FooCompanys' belong to this given FooCompany... Basically, I want to do a One-To-Many relationship, but instead of having a picklist, I want to have a listbox and be able to map with arrow buttons like in the image...

How can I accomplish something like this in CRM 4.0? Any links or hints or advice is greatly appreciated!

Drew
    Friday, February 12, 2010 7:04 PM

Answers

• Why not create a N:N relationship in CRM. This will give you a list of items in the left hand nav pane of the Account form and you can add new items using the built in listbox style dialog you are showing above. you will have to create a new eniity for your list items and then just add a N:N relationship to the account.
    • Marked as answer by dferraro Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:59 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    listbox like you want is not supported in ms crm 4 unfornately.
    But what you can do is to create an asp.net page. with two list boxes as you have shown. and put iframe in your crmForm and show this asp.net page.
    It will look like the part of your application. This webpage can then save the data internally in some third enties.

i hope it helps.

Friday, February 12, 2010 7:07 PM
  • You could build a custom application that is then embedded in an IFRAME on the form.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 7:08 PM
  • Isn't there anyway to build this right in CRM? Seems like such a waste to have to create an entire ASP.NET application just to house a single screen and then do some kind of hacks/webservices calls to keep things stored in CRM...

What about using jQuery in combination with the javascript overrides? Wouldn't this be possible?
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:02 PM
  • Why not create a N:N relationship in CRM. This will give you a list of items in the left hand nav pane of the Account form and you can add new items using the built in listbox style dialog you are showing above. you will have to create a new eniity for your list items and then just add a N:N relationship to the account.
    • Marked as answer by dferraro Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:59 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 8:54 AM