IFD configuration not relevant on two servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I configured IFD from one of my customer and I get this strange problems: 

1/ The Crm server itself uses IFD authentication. I thought that a crm server always use OnPremise authentication. But that is not the case here... does it seem normal to you? 

2/ I defined an IP address for one of the server (IP: 10.159.59.15, Mask: 255.255.255.255) to use OnPremise and this server still uses IFD authentication. The same kind of configuration (IP: 10.159.59.24, Mask: 255.255.255.255) worked fine on another server, which use OnPremise authentication. 

May I get your advice on these problems?
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com You will find: Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms) ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import) View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others) And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if your server has the ip 10.159.59.21 then you sould use this IP in the IFD-Tools with the host netmask. Then your server use AD-Authentification.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

are you shure to use the right IP-Address. When the CRM-Server has the IP Address 10.159.59.15 than he should use AD-Authentification, when you define and aply the definition you write.

Is there more than one network card in the Server? Have you enabled IP6 for this server, then disable it. CRM only works with IP4.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:58 PM
  • Hi Michael, thanks for the answer: my crm server is 10.159.59.21 it has 10.159.59.22 too but it is reserved for nlb i Will Check for ipv6.
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com You will find: Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms) ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import) View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others) And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

if your server has the ip 10.159.59.21 then you sould use this IP in the IFD-Tools with the host netmask. Then your server use AD-Authentification.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:46 PM
  • OK, but when configuring IFD, the CRM Server always use AD Authentification by default, isn't it?

But my true problem is that the server 10.159.59.15 is set with mask 255.255.255.255 in the IFD tool and the IFD authentification is still used... and I think it shouldn't

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:18 PM
  • Hi,

-->OK, but when configuring IFD, the CRM Server always use AD Authentification by default, isn't it?
    No, when the only entry in the IFD Tool is 10.159.59.15 mask 255.255.255.255 and the crm server has the ip 10.159.59.21, then the CRM Server use IFD Authentication.

-->But my true problem is that the server 10.159.59.15 is set with mask 255.255.255.255 in the IFD tool and the IFD authentification is still used... and I think it shouldn't
    If that is the entry in the IFD tool, then the server 10.159.59.15 should use AD-Authentification. If not, there is a second network card in the server and/or you use IP6.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:03 AM
  • Ok, thank you, i Will check all these stuffs
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:38 AM