none
conversation extension window load url with parameters RRS feed

• Question

• I currently created a window conversation extension for Lync and I want to load a URL in there. This is the registry I use

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Lync\Security\Trusted Sites]
        [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Lync\Security\Trusted Sites\*****]
        "https"=dword:00000001
        "http"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Communicator\ContextPackages]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\*****]
        "file"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Communicator\ContextPackages\*****]
        "Name"="Open CRM"
        "InternalURL"="*****"
        "ExternalURL"="*****"
        "InstallLink"="*****\LyncConversationRegistry.reg"
        "ExtensibilityWindowSize"=dword:00000001

When opening this conversation window extension the Internet Explorer loads the URL.

Is it possible to pass in some parameters when loading the url? Example:

A customer is the caller and the CWE takes the customers telephone number and passes it to the URL. The CRM page will open up.

Currently I can just load a URL but how can I get some conversation information as parameters for the URL?

Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi MH_Computech,

This issue was related to the Lync development, our forum on the troubleshotting Lync on-premise servers or client, if you have some issues about development, please open a thread in the Lync server SDK and Office Communications Server SDK forum

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 7, 2018 7:00 AM