Background Intelligent Transfer stopping - windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Installing anumber of critical updates recently has messed up my laptop. At first internet explorer wouldn't load, but kept asking to reset connection. I ran system restore and a registry clea-up, which was set to run automatically by Norton Utilities. Now I can't install the Windows Updates anymore - even though it is set to run automatically. Emails, sent via theWindows 8 App are returned with delivery failiure, Internet explorer isn't working but other browsers do. running the troubleshooters, I found out that that Windows Update depens on a BIT Service, Background Intelligent Transfer, currently in the state of 'stopping'. I can't, with the administrative tools neither start or stop and restart this service. Please give me some suggestions,  my computer will be rendered unuseable soon as it won't install any updates for any programmes, it seems, also the Norton antivirus database. My next step to solve this would be the' Refresh your system' option, but to be honest, I have no idea if it will help, as system restore didn't work and also won't create any restore points now and neither does the backup utility . I suppose, I would loose all the Windows updates and installed software on my laptop.

• Moved by Just Karl Monday, June 9, 2014 8:57 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 9, 2014 8:57 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 9, 2014 8:56 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

Monday, June 9, 2014 8:57 PM