none
Linux HPC 2016 nodes running SOA requests

Question

• My system is a 2016 HPC cluster, and I was able to configure both Windows Compute nodes and a Linux node. I have been able to run a SOA job through, and the requests get sent to both Compute Nodes, and the Linux node. I'm surprised that the SOA requests are being sent Linux nodes since, according to the"Getting started with on-premesis Linux compute nodes, SOA services are currently not supported in HPC 2012 R2 with the assumption that it also applies to HPC 2016. <o:p></o:p>

Based on that, I have the following questions:<o:p></o:p>

1. Should the requests be getting sent to the Linux node?<o:p></o:p>

2. If they should be getting sent to the Linux node, is there any additional configuration that needs to be done aside from whats documented in Step 5: Add Linux nodes to the cluster?<o:p></o:p>

3. Assuming 1 and 2 are no, aside from some point in the future, is there a roadmap estimate of when a Linux node will be capable of acting as a SOA compatible compute node (and what version of .NET Core would be required to get it to work with .NET Framework 4.6.1 binaries)?
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

HPC SOA hasn't officially supported Linux Compute nodes yet though it is on our roadmap -- which may require .netCore. You can now run Batch, Parametric, MPI and GPGPU workloads on Linux Nodes without problems.

If you want to run SOA now, you can take a check of open source project here: https://github.com/coolmay/HPCSOA

Qiufang Shi

• Marked as answer by KB_apl Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:09 PM
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:01 AM