Angular development : what forum ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I am presently developing Angular projects with Visual Studio Community 2017. It often includes WebAPI, it is often in .Net Core, but sometimes in .Net platform.

Is a forum particularly adapted for that ?

I found a forum that is specialized in Angular, but they do not know what a reference is, nor a project type.

I wanted to develop a file upload and download, and nobody was inspired by this, PHP seemed to be preferred.

So, I can ask the question here in the main forum for C#, but most C# developers do not practice Angular.

So, does anybody know ?

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:28 PM

All replies

• WebAPI/.NET Core/.NET are server side so posts related to that should be on the ASP.NET forums.

Angular is a client side app and really has little to do with the backend. It can work with any backend and the client front end doesn't matter to the server. Posts related to it tend to go to Stack Overflow or one of the many other forums available. We don't have any Angular forums here as this is MS only products.

The C# forum is only for questions specifically related to C#. If your question doesn't make sense if you suddenly switched to VB (for example) then it is likely a C# question.

For file upload/download Angular and ASP.NET support this. If you ask the question in the ASP.NET forums they can explain how to do the server side easily. For the client side you'll most likely do better to go to NPM and find an NPM package that already handles this. Angular, AFAIK, doesn't have support for this out of the box but plenty of people have written angular modules to support it.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 1:35 PM