WPF Certification in Framework 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Every Body,

I have a plan to take certification in WPF in FrameWork 4.0, can any body clear my follwoing doubts

1. Tell me the exam number and give me material to pass this exam.

2. Is any separate certification for WPF or i need to take certification in both Windows Forms and WPF

3. Is Any separate certification for C# Programe alone? If it's tell me the certification number and give me sample material.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. As far as I know, you may get MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Applications certification after passing 70-536 and 70-502 exams. There is no exam code for Framework 4.0.  However, you may take MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications certification after passing 70-511 exam. Please check this link to get details:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcts.aspx#tab2

2. In Framework 3.5, there is a separate certification MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Applications .

3. You may take these exams either in C# or VB language. There is no certification for C# program alone. You can choose this language to take exam.

Thanks!

Aparajita

Community manager

http://www.ucertify.com/

Aparajita Community Manager uCertify http://www.ucertify.com
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Friday, February 10, 2012 9:23 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:16 AM
  • 2. Is any separate certification for WPF or i need to take certification in both Windows Forms and WPF
    If you take a look at the "skills measured" tab for exam 70-511 (you already got the link in a previous reply) you will notice that despite the exam title ("Windows Applications Development ..."), basically all of the content of the exam is about WPF. So, basically, this *is* the WPF exam; there is no WinForms exam for the Framework 4.0.
    3. Is Any separate certification for C# Programe alone? If it's tell me the certification number and give me sample material.
    There is no exam on the C# language itself. The various exams related to .Net allow you to choose the programming language at the beginning of the exam, but this just means that the code in the questions is written in that language. They don't ask anything about the programming language.
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:35 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Every Body,

I have a plan to take certification in WPF in FrameWork 4.0, can any body clear my follwoing doubts

1. Tell me the exam number and give me material to pass this exam.

2. Is any separate certification for WPF or i need to take certification in both Windows Forms and WPF

• Moved by Min Zhu Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:37 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    • Merged by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:32 PM Duplicate
    Monday, January 30, 2012 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

first you should ask your question in the correct forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/CertGeneral/threads

The number of the exam is 70-511. There no separate exam for WPF. You have to take it in combination with Windows Forms. MCTS exams are normally available in a C# and a VB version. Before starting the exam you can choose one of them.

Some material can be found on the exam link provided above, but you should have some practical experience before taking these exam (normally two to three years).

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 1:26 PM
    Answerer
  • 1. If you just want the WPF certification, you should check out exam 70-511 (.NET Framework 4, Windows Applications). If you want to be a MCPD: Windows Developer 4, you'll also need to pass exams 70-516 (Data Access) and 70-513 (WCF)

Books:

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-511): Windows Application Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Book/CD Package By Matthew A. Stoecker
    MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-516): Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Book/CD Package By Glenn Johnson

There isn't an official book for 70-513, but the book for exam 70-503 is used by many to prepare for exam 70-513

2. There is no seperate certification for WPF

3. There is no seperate certification for c#

Dimitri C. - Please mark the replies as answers if they help! Thanks.
    • Unproposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:13 AM
  • Hi,

1. As far as I know, you may get MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Applications certification after passing 70-536 and 70-502 exams. There is no exam code for Framework 4.0.  However, you may take MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications certification after passing 70-511 exam. Please check this link to get details:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcts.aspx#tab2

2. In Framework 3.5, there is a separate certification MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Applications .

3. You may take these exams either in C# or VB language. There is no certification for C# program alone. You can choose this language to take exam.

Thanks!

Aparajita

Community manager

http://www.ucertify.com/

Aparajita Community Manager uCertify http://www.ucertify.com
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

I have moved your thread to Trainning and Certification forum for better support.

Have a nice day!

Min Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:38 AM
  • 2. Is any separate certification for WPF or i need to take certification in both Windows Forms and WPF
    If you take a look at the "skills measured" tab for exam 70-511 (you already got the link in a previous reply) you will notice that despite the exam title ("Windows Applications Development ..."), basically all of the content of the exam is about WPF. So, basically, this *is* the WPF exam; there is no WinForms exam for the Framework 4.0.
    There is no exam on the C# language itself. The various exams related to .Net allow you to choose the programming language at the beginning of the exam, but this just means that the code in the questions is written in that language. They don't ask anything about the programming language.
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:35 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:35 PM