none
Date of the next Excel Expert Exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am currently researching the possibilty of taking the excel 2007 expert exam. I have no previous formal qualifications with Microsoft so this may be a stupid question; however, is someone able to advise me when the Microsoft Excel Expert Exam (code 77-851) and the accompanying course materials are going to be available again?

Saturday, January 1, 2011 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg,

My guess would be that it will be a month or so (or maybe a little longer). The period for beta this exam has just begun and has to finish first. After that it usually takes some time to get 'live'.

Study materials often exist of the 'step by step' series for the application you are after. I think the 'inside out' series will give you a better foundation for the exams.

At least look at the skills being measured here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=77-851&Locale=en-us#tab2

So you'll know what to learn for.

Maurice

Maurice
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 11:07 PM

All replies

• I should also mention that I am resident in the UK.

Saturday, January 1, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Hi Greg,

My guess would be that it will be a month or so (or maybe a little longer). The period for beta this exam has just begun and has to finish first. After that it usually takes some time to get 'live'.

Study materials often exist of the 'step by step' series for the application you are after. I think the 'inside out' series will give you a better foundation for the exams.

At least look at the skills being measured here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=77-851&Locale=en-us#tab2

So you'll know what to learn for.

Maurice

Maurice
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Thanks Maurice

Much appreciated.

Monday, January 3, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Hi, any update on the availability of this exam? I am planning training for my hire and I would like them to take this exam. 

Thanks

Chris

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:23 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I contacted Certiport and the exam is available so go ahead an let your hire take the exam.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for them ;-)

Maurice
    Monday, March 7, 2011 10:12 PM