none
Suggestion: ability to mark thread as "un-read" RRS feed

• General discussion

• I often filter my view of a particular forum to just the unread posts.

Occasionally, I’ll come across a question that I’d like to return to later, but don’t have time to respond to right now.  It would be great if there was a "mark as unread" button, much like there is in email.

Is this the right place for logging this suggestion, and would others find such feature useful?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies

• I keep very few threads in "My Alert". If I wanted to "bookmark" a thread, I click "Alert Me" to add it to "My Alert".

Since all later replies to these threads will generate new alert to your mailbox, you'll want to keep the number of threads as low as possible, or just don't fill the "alert email" address in the "My Settings" page.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:23 AM
  • I often filter my view of a particular forum to just the unread posts.

Occasionally, I’ll come across a question that I’d like to return to later, but don’t have time to respond to right now.  It would be great if there was a "mark as unread" button, much like there is in email.

Is this the right place for logging this suggestion, and would others find such feature useful?

Hi,

If u've used your Micrsoft's email to order issues, when someone replies u can get the letter in outlook, ur email box……, where there's a un-read state or read state.

And in fact I think u can click "Alert me" on the left corner of the cetain issues, thus u can remember that:D

But urs is also a nice idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

下载MSDN桌面工具(Vista,Win7)
    我的博客园
    慈善点击,点击此处

Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:15 AM
  • It will be nice to be able to save some threads in 'My Saved Threads' and be able to also add subfolders to that folder. I suggested this a while ago, but I don't think this was ever considered.

Also, I am afraid that this forum is not really monitored by the people who work on forum's design.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:40 PM