Critical battery level and other power management options not changing in WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a 18 disk WHS 2011 box and have it connected to a UPS.  The UPS is connected to my WHS via USB for power monitoring purposes.  I went in to customize the power plan, and found that a number of values (while indicating that you can change them) - will not save and are not even selectable in some cases.  I created a new power plan to make sure there weren't any issues conflicting with the "default" plans.  Here's what I'm seeing:

- Cannot change Critical Battery Level percentage from 25% to anything lower.  It simply ignores the value.  If I raise the value, it accepts the change and then will not allow it to be reduced below the new percentage.

- The "Critical Battery Action" has no options for "Do Nothing", and when I change it to "Shut Down" to see if anything else would appear - the "Hibernate" option then disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

keith

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:04 PM

All replies

• In order to manage your UPS, you will have to install the UPS manufacturer's monitoring software. Windows Server 2008 doesn't include the UPS management service that was available in earlier versions of Windows.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, October 31, 2011 11:19 PM