Making TASKS the default view ... can it be done? RRS feed

• Question

• I have set my Personal Options so that when CRM Online opens, it starts in the Sales Default Pane on the Activities Default Tab. I end up with thousands of mostly completed activities which is not helpful.

What I would like to see when I start CRM Online is

Sales / Activities / Task / All Tasks sorted by Due Date, oldest to future dates.

Is it possible to do this? I am not good enough to figure this out on my own, but if some default views can be changed to get me there, I can normally follow instructions. It looks to me like I cannot drill down that far in Personal Options to get it to open there. But I thought it worth asking.

Thanks, in advance!

John

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:32 PM

All replies

• Use Advanced Find to update the default view that's closest to what you want.  Then Save that as a personal view, and you should be able to make that your default.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Wednesday, June 3, 2015 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Hello John,

Adding on to what Wayne suggested with Screenshots.

Step 1: Click on advanced find, Set filter criteria. I have chosen Task Activity Status Equals Open.

Step 2: Click on Edit Columns, Select Due date and click on configure sorting and choose your sorting options.

Step 3: Click on Save As and give a name to your personal view.

Now when you will be able to view your personal view created under Tasks. Select the view and Pin it.

Hope it helps!

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:25 AM
  • Thank you for the screen shots! Very helpful for someone with my lack of experience.

I created that view, but I don't know what you mean by "Pin It". I can get to the view farily quickly, but I'm guessing there is really no way to make it the default view that CRM opens up on when I start it, is there?

John

Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:09 PM
  • Wayne,

I have created the view I want, with Abhishek's help ... Settings is the only place I see where I can select my start-up tab and I cannot select my personal view.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Hi John,

Please see below how to select your personal view

And this is how you pin it.

Setting up this view as default when you open may not be possible however you can select your home page and settings for Get Started panes, Default Pane as Sales and Default Tab as activities.

However if you want, you can create a personal dashboard in add this view in it and we can set that as default when you open CRM. Refer the blog by Aileen,

http://missdynamicscrm.blogspot.in/2014/12/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2013-20105-personal-dashboard-end-users-e-book.html

Hope it helps!

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Friday, June 5, 2015 4:01 AM