synctoy suggestion... add a real move option RRS feed

• Question

• The one thing I wish that SyncToy would do is move a file from one location to another.
    I download podcasts all the time, but I can't do it at work.  So what I do is download them on my laptop  at night.
    Then at work the next day I would like to move them off of my laptop onto an external drive.
    The best I can do with SyncToy is "contribute" which leaves them on my laptop.
    I wish I could get a real move so that I don't have to go behind and actually delete the copies of my laptop.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Monday, April 18, 2011 10:14 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Feedback [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Sorry SyncToy does not have plans to support a Move option. You should take a look into robocopy.exe ( which you should find on your Windows machine) which might suit your scenario better.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi -

Sorry SyncToy does not have plans to support a Move option. You should take a look into robocopy.exe ( which you should find on your Windows machine) which might suit your scenario better.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:06 PM
    Answerer
  • You could also write a batch job to do the move for you.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:08 PM