paid subscription RRS feed

• General discussion

• I already paid for a OneCare subscription, but am unable to complete activation.  I keep getting error messages that LIve is experiencing problems. I don't want my OnceCare to expire.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:40 PM

All replies

• Kari166, when you say you paid for a subscription, how did you pay? And now that you are trying to sign in and activate by clicking subscribe, are you getting the error when signing in? What is your default web browser? Have you tried deleting temporary Internet files and cookies in your browser and trying again?

Is your LiveID password longer than 8 characters?

What is the exact message you encounter?

-steve

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:07 PM
  • i too paid w/credit card and i cant get past setup....it send me to the pay section

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:09 PM
  •  newFNG wrote:

i too paid w/credit card and i cant get past setup....it send me to the pay section

Can you explain what you mean?

If you paid before installing, when you went through the purchase, you signed in with a LiveID. After OneCare is installed, you need to click on the link to Subscribe in OneCare and then sign in with the *same* LiveID in order for the subscription to be recognized. 

Check your subscription status by logging in with the LiveID used to purchase with at http://billing.microsoft.com

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but OneCare does not seem to recognize this when you sign in during activation, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:14 PM
  • I went to billing...It says no account has been setup w/one care...microsoft one care charged my account $54.70 while microsoft online has charged $1.00...when I try to setup onecare it directs me to open an account...I did that yesterday 6/25/2008...still cant update

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:12 PM
  • How did you purchase OneCare? Before installing? From the web site? In what country are you located?

I suspect that you used a different LiveID to purchase than the one you are trying to activate with from within OneCare and that you are checking at the Billing site.

-steve

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:30 PM
  • dowloaded yesterday 5/25/2008 about 2 hours befor i paid for it...wanted to see if if it could help me....United Stares

Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:14 PM
  • So you downloaded the trial and installed it. Then you went back to the web site and paid? Why didn't you subscribe from within OneCare, or did you?

-steve

Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:51 PM
  • Thats what I did

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:01 PM
  • paid subscription-4/10/08. ukeepsending info. that I have to sign up or mytrial perid will be canceled.could I please have this rectified. thank u.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:08 PM
  •  newFNG wrote:

Thats what I did

I'm sorry. I asked a multiple choice question, so I don't know what you did. You activated OneCare and purchased from within OneCare?

Please describe in some detail the order of events and the process that you followed to activate the subscription/purchase.

-steve

Friday, June 27, 2008 12:25 AM
  •  ldl@live.com wrote:

paid subscription-4/10/08. ukeepsending info. that I have to sign up or mytrial perid will be canceled.could I please have this rectified. thank u.

When you activate OneCare to start your subscription, it first requires you to sign in with a LiveID and then provides the opportunity to enter a retail key or purchase online. Once you've completed the entry and submission of the key and payment information, your subscription is created and the subscription credentials are downloaded back to your copy of OneCare. These credentials are refreshed periodically, too. If something is blocking the receipt of the credentials, activation is not complete and your PC will remain in trial mode. Make sure that there are no other security programs running, including Parental Controls, which should be disabled at activation. Other security programs - firewalls, real time spyware protection and anti-virus need to be completely removed in order to use OneCare.

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, June 27, 2008 12:26 AM
  • called support and they solved error....it was with billing...now if those DAMN popups would stop

Friday, June 27, 2008 12:29 AM
  • If they resolved it on the server side, the credentials should update within 24 hours on your PC.

-steve

Friday, June 27, 2008 1:04 AM