Distribution Group Display

Question

• I have been searching for more details regarding the use of Distribution Groups, after finding nothing of help I decided to start a thread.

While this may be an issue with our configuration (no exchange), I'm hoping someone might be able to help.  User's listed emails are not consistent with SIP (ie  @domain.host.com and @mail.host.com)

The problem I have is that distribution groups only display by their E-Mail, I am unable to get them to show via name or description.  I believe this should be a task handled by ABSConfig, however the lack of documentation makes it hard to determine.

I am able to add the groups, with a specified name using this script

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/communicatorcontacts/thread/7fe53530-30ec-4b7b-acfe-64ef761444fa/

After about a day (I assume correlates with the Address Book sync) the group begins to list by email again.

Is there anyone else out there using distribution groups or having problems with them?

On a side note I would also like file system type expansion for nested groups, is this possible?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:54 PM