Where do I find my MSN API Key? (For Wordpress Plugin Transposh) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

for my Wordpress Plugin "Transposh" (automatic translation) I need to enter my "MSN API key" (I think the plugin author means "Bing API key").

I have signed up for Bing API and at https://datamarket.azure.com/account I can find the following (in English: Primary Account Key and Customer-ID):

Primärer Kontoschlüssel  BKODxsFuWgRZtyWLRMu5.........................................
    Kunden-ID 02031cc9-12a8-4e36-.................................

Which one of that is the required "API Key"? If it's none of the above, where exactly do I find the API key and how does it look like?

Hope to hear from you soon. Any hints are highly appreciated.

Rgds, Jan

Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

Are you referring to WP slug translate plug-in? ---(looks like you're using a different plugin, though)

As mentioned there , you need to get the ClientID and ClientSecret from Azure Market place, which are available from here.

If something else, it would be best to contact Wordpress directly.  Hope that this is helpful.  Thanks.  Takako (Microsoft Translator team)

Friday, September 14, 2012 11:30 PM
  • Microsoft translator used to use the Bing AppID methodology for authentication.

This has changed to use the Windows Azure Marketplace oAuth-based authentication, for which you get a client id and a client secret.

The author of the WordPress plug-in would have to update their plug-in to allow you to use the new methodology (it's not simply replacing the app id, there's some change in code required), so you should contact them to see if they have updated the plugin.

Monday, September 24, 2012 3:53 PM