Workfow fails after re-assigning tasks to individuals on CRM more than once RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have created a CRM workflow that sends an email to the person who gets a task assigned to him. when I first assign the task to someone the e-mail works and gets sent to the assigned person.

but when when the person whose assigned the task try to re-assign the task to someone else the email failed to send. below are error logs from settings\system jobs\workprocess 

I'd appreciate any help

Here's my workflow snapshots:

workflow1

workflow-email-details

Error Messages:

This message cannot be sent to all selected recipients. Verify that both the sender and the recipients have valid e-mail addresses, and that the recipients are allowed to receive e-mails

Plugin Trace:

[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow.Activities.SendEmail]
    [SendEmailStep1]

Error Message:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailableDetail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147218688</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-06-10T09:02:51.9174617Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault>
        <ErrorCode>-2147218688</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable</Message>
        <Timestamp>2013-06-10T09:02:51.9174617Z</Timestamp>
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <TraceText>[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow.Activities.SendEmail]
    [SendEmailStep1]
    </TraceText>
    </OrganizationServiceFault>
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InprocessServiceProxy.ExecuteCore(OrganizationRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailActivityService.<>c__DisplayClass1.<SendEmailInternal>b__0(IOrganizationService sdkService)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.ActivityServiceBase.ExecuteInTransactedContext(ActivityDelegate activityDelegate)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailActivityService.ExecuteInternal(ActivityContext executionContext, SendEmail sendEmail)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailActivityService.Execute(ActivityContext executionContext, SendEmail sendEmail)
       at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
       at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

This message cannot be sent to all selected recipients. Verify that both the sender and the recipients have valid e-mail addresses, and that the recipients are allowed to receive e-mails

Mohammed JH

Monday, June 10, 2013 9:18 AM

Answers

• Hi

As the error indicated "This message cannot be sent to all selected recipients. Verify that both the sender and the recipients have valid e-mail addresses, and that the recipients are allowed to receive e-mails", the specific failed workflow instance might try to send emails with parties (people) without valid email address in the system.

Try to check values in From, To, Cc fields. That should give you some ideas.

Jaimie

• Marked as answer by moh10ly Friday, June 14, 2013 2:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Thanks everyone but I solved it.  The issue was basically with the CC field! I think that the workflow didn't like the value there so I replaced it with something else instead.

{User(Modified By (User))

This has solved my problem.

Mohammed JH

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The message indicates that the record to which you are trying to re-assign has no email address defined OR Not allowed to email.

check this Knowledge Base for resolution or this post.

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Philippe LEAL Monday, June 10, 2013 2:51 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Hi Ravitheja,

The first article doesn't apply to my version of CRM as I have CRM Dynamics 11, and I don't have Antivirus installed on the CRM server nor on my PC, and the second post says that there's no e-mail address defined but the problem here is that when I assign the Task first time to someone else it works.

let's say I am A and my colleague is B. 

When A assigns the task to B. then B gets the e-mail alert about the task being assigned to him but when B re-assign the task to A. this problem happens.

so could it be that the script in the TO field is not the correct one? {Owning User(task)}

Thanks

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:12 AM
  • Instead of owning user try owner field of the task.

Are you sure both A and B have valid email addresses assigned to them and both are able to send and receive emails?

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Hi Sam,

Yes i'm sure both A and B have e-mails, they are both approved but i'm not sure what do you mean they can send and receive e-mails. If you mean they can normally access their emails from outlook or Outlook OWA then yes both can send and receive e-mails without any issue. 

but if you're talking about something else then could you please explain more ?

Thanks

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

There must be a Valid Email Address for the Users.

Try this - while setting Dynamic value in "To" field of E-mail Template ,

Select -> Look for : [Owning User(User) -> User]

e.g : Set value like "User(Owning User(User))"

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thanks & Regards Rk

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:06 AM
  • Hi

As the error indicated "This message cannot be sent to all selected recipients. Verify that both the sender and the recipients have valid e-mail addresses, and that the recipients are allowed to receive e-mails", the specific failed workflow instance might try to send emails with parties (people) without valid email address in the system.

Try to check values in From, To, Cc fields. That should give you some ideas.

Jaimie

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Thanks everyone but I solved it.  The issue was basically with the CC field! I think that the workflow didn't like the value there so I replaced it with something else instead.

{User(Modified By (User))

This has solved my problem.

Mohammed JH

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:45 PM