How to get some other Entities Fields VIEW in a another Entity's Look-up VIEW ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Look-up field ("Customer Name") in Case Entity which is default (i just renamed this), which has two views inside one is for Account Entity & one is for Contact Entity through this we can choose and select Account views and Contact views.

Now the requirement is i want to make One Look-up Field which has 5 Entities Views inside.

Is it Possible ?

PLEASE HELP!

Should view fields of the related Entities

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:38 AM

All replies

• Came across a very helpful post regarding this. I think this best suits your requirement

http://simplicitypoint.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/creating-a-multi-entity-lookup-in-crm-2011/

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:42 AM
  • I am not able to understand your question. Do you want additional entities to appear on your customer name lookup? Like system user, leads etc

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:45 AM
  • You want a lookup like customer or regarding fields on activities. It's a system thing and no one has developed this feature in a supported way. You can think of following senarios:-

1. Create an activity instead of entity. You will get regarding field which will have lookup of all the entities. Just hide the entities which you don't want and use the 5 which you want to.

2. Create 5 relationship which you want then based on selection of a picklist show the lookup of entity.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:42 AM
  • Yes Exactly!
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:59 AM
  • Can you show me How because it is not possible by Activity .
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:00 AM
  • ok thanks a lot m checking :)
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:08 AM
  • When you create a custom activity(NOT Entity) you get a field of Regarding object Id field.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:51 AM