Sync Service 2.0 testing question RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that uses the Offline Scenario with WCF to allow multiple client applications to sync with a central server. I would like to do performance/load testing on the service by having multiple clients (50+) connect and sync from outside my firewall. Does anyone know of a way to rent/provision Microsoft clients so I can do this? I have a client install that is configured correctly, what I need are the client workstations to run it on. Some sort of cloud space rental for client installs?

I can run multiple clients on the same workstation, but this does not seem to be a good test representation.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Craig

• Moved by Mahesh DudgikarMicrosoft employee Friday, December 11, 2009 9:57 PM (From:SyncFx - General)
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:37 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, December 7, 2009 11:22 PM

All replies

• There are different ways to simulate this:
    - Plain threading
    - Visual studio team system can do load testing.
    - Micosoft virtual PC technologies.
    However, in all the cases above, most likely more than one clients will be sharing a physical machine and its processors.
    If that's still not ideal for your situation, certain number of physical machines have to be allocated for this kind of testing.

You can even consider Windows Azure, but number of VM(virtual machines) you can host can be limited unless you pay for more when it's offically ready.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 1:39 AM
    Answerer