my windows 7 not valid all of a sudden RRS feed

• Question

• While attempting to play a dvd (the dvd player hasnt worked properly since i bought the damn laptop) the computer froze. after reboot the computer decided that i am not running a proper copy of windows 7.  I think it has something to do with the dvd player freezing up.  can you please tell me what to do before I have to reboot to factory and lose all my files.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:10 PM

Answers

• Please observe announcement 1 above. 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Why should you lose your files?  Just back them up.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:24 PM
    Answerer
  • "makadawias" wrote in message news:771fef5c-f56e-4108-ae39-b1cc975471b4...

While attempting to play a dvd (the dvd player hasnt worked properly since i bought the damn laptop) the computer froze. after reboot the computer decided that i am not running a proper copy of windows 7.  I think it has something to do with the dvd player freezing up.  can you please tell me what to do before I have to reboot to factory and lose all my files.

If you're still within the guarantee/warranty period, you should  be asking the manufacturer for assistance - there's always the possibility that the problem is hardware-based.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 6:30 PM

All replies

• Please observe announcement 1 above. 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Why should you lose your files?  Just back them up.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:24 PM
    Answerer
  • "makadawias" wrote in message news:771fef5c-f56e-4108-ae39-b1cc975471b4...

While attempting to play a dvd (the dvd player hasnt worked properly since i bought the damn laptop) the computer froze. after reboot the computer decided that i am not running a proper copy of windows 7.  I think it has something to do with the dvd player freezing up.  can you please tell me what to do before I have to reboot to factory and lose all my files.

If you're still within the guarantee/warranty period, you should  be asking the manufacturer for assistance - there's always the possibility that the problem is hardware-based.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 6:30 PM
  • no reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, May 9, 2011 9:54 PM