reinstalling microsoft product RRS feed

• Question

• MY LAPTOP CRASHED  AND  I  LOST  ALL  DATA,  I  HAVE  TRIED  TO  CONTACT  MICROSOFT  TO  REINSTALL  OFFICE  HOME  AND  STUDENT  BACK  ON  TO  MY  LAPTOP.  DO  THEY  TRY  THERE  HARDEST  TO  STOP  YOU  DOING  IT,  I AM  SICK  AND  TIRED  OF SKIPPING  FROM  1 DAFT  QUESTION  TO  ANOTHER.  SURELY  A  CORPORATION  OF  THIS  SIZE  COULD  HAVE A  LINK  SO  THAT  YOU  CAN  GET  AN  ANSWER  FOR  THIS.  I  HAVE  LOST  MY  VALIDATION  KEY  AND  NEED  TO  GET  THIS  PROBLEM  SORTED  OUT.  I  BET  NO-ONE  CAN  HELP  ME  AS  I  AM  SURE  IT  IS  MADE  AS  DIFFICULT  AS  POSSIBLE.  THE  HELP  AND  SUPPORT  SECTION  IS  AN  ABSOLUTE  JOKE.  WHY  IS  THERE  NOT  A  SECTION  WHERE  YOU  CAN  EMAIL  THEM  AND  THEY  CAN  TAKE  YOU  THROUGH  THIS  STEP  BY  STEP-------------FRUSTRATED

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:54 PM

Answers

• "albatf" wrote in message news:772a8adc-0684-4c1d-8a1e-e6af55a6560b...

MY LAPTOP CRASHED  AND  I  LOST  ALL  DATA,  I  HAVE  TRIED  TO  CONTACT  MICROSOFT  TO  REINSTALL  OFFICE  HOME  AND  STUDENT  BACK  ON  TO  MY  LAPTOP.  DO  THEY  TRY  THERE  HARDEST  TO  STOP  YOU  DOING  IT,  I AM  SICK  AND  TIRED  OF SKIPPING  FROM  1 DAFT  QUESTION  TO  ANOTHER.  SURELY  A  CORPORATION  OF  THIS  SIZE  COULD  HAVE A  LINK  SO  THAT  YOU  CAN  GET  AN  ANSWER  FOR  THIS.  I  HAVE  LOST  MY  VALIDATION  KEY  AND  NEED  TO  GET  THIS  PROBLEM  SORTED  OUT.  I  BET  NO-ONE  CAN  HELP  ME  AS  I  AM  SURE  IT  IS  MADE  AS  DIFFICULT  AS  POSSIBLE.  THE  HELP  AND  SUPPORT  SECTION  IS  AN  ABSOLUTE  JOKE.  WHY  IS  THERE  NOT  A  SECTION  WHERE  YOU  CAN  EMAIL  THEM  AND  THEY  CAN  TAKE  YOU  THROUGH  THIS  STEP  BY  STEP-------------FRUSTRATED

Let's take this one at a time..... (ignoring the fact that you're SHOUTING!, and it hurts my eyes....

MY LAPTOP CRASHED AND I LOST ALL DATA, I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT MICROSOFT TO REINSTALL OFFICE HOME.

So - you had to use the manufacturer's Recovery system to reinstall Windows? - or did you do something else?

DO THEY TRY THERE HARDEST TO STOP YOU DOING IT, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SKIPPING FROM 1 DAFT QUESTION TO ANOTHER.
    Apart from the fact that sentence makes no sense whatever - I gather that you expect MS to have a link for every possible failure mode? In over 10 million lines of code fore Office alone? - and you still haven't actually define your problem.

I HAVE LOST MY VALIDATION KEY AND NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM SORTED OUT.
    Aaah  - there is no such thing as a validation key.
    Product Key, yes - but which one have you lost? Office, or Windows?

I BET NO-ONE CAN HELP ME AS I AM SURE IT IS MADE AS DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE. THE HELP AND SUPPORT SECTION IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.
    The only person who can help you is YOU!. you have to give DETAILS of an appropriate nature, in an appropriate place - this is NOT the appropriate forum for the problems that you have so far managed to convey. The Help and Support in Win 7 is actually one of the best that MS (or any other software supplier) have ever produced - but you have to ask it sensible questions.  So far in this post, you have ranted, and not asked a single question. Yu have given people very little to work with in terms of your actual problem and how it appears in the computer.

WHY IS THERE NOT A SECTION WHERE YOU CAN EMAIL THEM AND THEY CAN TAKE YOU THROUGH THIS STEP BY STEP
    Sorry - is that a question?

There are many places in the Help and Support in the OS itself, and on the MS website, where you can post questions with some hope of a response. Unfortunately you have picked a forum which is totally inappropriate for your question (and I still don't know what it is!).

You should gather your data, and repost your question in a  more appropriate forum - since you've posted in the Win 7 WGA forum here, I would suggest that you post with details (rather than rants) in the Windows Answers Win 7 Install/Upgrade forum in the first instance.

Hopefully there you will find someone who cares :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:59 PM

All replies

• This is the wrong forum.  This forum is for problems validating Windows.  Try one of the Answers forums available at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

Typing in all caps is considered poor netiquette (like shouting).  We already know your issue is important to you or you would not have bothered to post it.  Please release the caps lock.

Why did you not back up your hard drive so you could restore your system if the hard drive failed?  I recommend Acronis True Image Home and image backups.

If Home and Student came preinstalled on your laptop then you need to contact the manufacturer and not Microsoft.

If you purchased it from the Microsoft Store and downloaded it then simply log into your MS Store account and download again.  Your product key will be there also.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:47 PM
    Answerer
  • "albatf" wrote in message news:772a8adc-0684-4c1d-8a1e-e6af55a6560b...

MY LAPTOP CRASHED  AND  I  LOST  ALL  DATA,  I  HAVE  TRIED  TO  CONTACT  MICROSOFT  TO  REINSTALL  OFFICE  HOME  AND  STUDENT  BACK  ON  TO  MY  LAPTOP.  DO  THEY  TRY  THERE  HARDEST  TO  STOP  YOU  DOING  IT,  I AM  SICK  AND  TIRED  OF SKIPPING  FROM  1 DAFT  QUESTION  TO  ANOTHER.  SURELY  A  CORPORATION  OF  THIS  SIZE  COULD  HAVE A  LINK  SO  THAT  YOU  CAN  GET  AN  ANSWER  FOR  THIS.  I  HAVE  LOST  MY  VALIDATION  KEY  AND  NEED  TO  GET  THIS  PROBLEM  SORTED  OUT.  I  BET  NO-ONE  CAN  HELP  ME  AS  I  AM  SURE  IT  IS  MADE  AS  DIFFICULT  AS  POSSIBLE.  THE  HELP  AND  SUPPORT  SECTION  IS  AN  ABSOLUTE  JOKE.  WHY  IS  THERE  NOT  A  SECTION  WHERE  YOU  CAN  EMAIL  THEM  AND  THEY  CAN  TAKE  YOU  THROUGH  THIS  STEP  BY  STEP-------------FRUSTRATED

Let's take this one at a time..... (ignoring the fact that you're SHOUTING!, and it hurts my eyes....

MY LAPTOP CRASHED AND I LOST ALL DATA, I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT MICROSOFT TO REINSTALL OFFICE HOME.

So - you had to use the manufacturer's Recovery system to reinstall Windows? - or did you do something else?

DO THEY TRY THERE HARDEST TO STOP YOU DOING IT, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SKIPPING FROM 1 DAFT QUESTION TO ANOTHER.
    Apart from the fact that sentence makes no sense whatever - I gather that you expect MS to have a link for every possible failure mode? In over 10 million lines of code fore Office alone? - and you still haven't actually define your problem.

I HAVE LOST MY VALIDATION KEY AND NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM SORTED OUT.
    Aaah  - there is no such thing as a validation key.
    Product Key, yes - but which one have you lost? Office, or Windows?

I BET NO-ONE CAN HELP ME AS I AM SURE IT IS MADE AS DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE. THE HELP AND SUPPORT SECTION IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.
    The only person who can help you is YOU!. you have to give DETAILS of an appropriate nature, in an appropriate place - this is NOT the appropriate forum for the problems that you have so far managed to convey. The Help and Support in Win 7 is actually one of the best that MS (or any other software supplier) have ever produced - but you have to ask it sensible questions.  So far in this post, you have ranted, and not asked a single question. Yu have given people very little to work with in terms of your actual problem and how it appears in the computer.

WHY IS THERE NOT A SECTION WHERE YOU CAN EMAIL THEM AND THEY CAN TAKE YOU THROUGH THIS STEP BY STEP
    Sorry - is that a question?

There are many places in the Help and Support in the OS itself, and on the MS website, where you can post questions with some hope of a response. Unfortunately you have picked a forum which is totally inappropriate for your question (and I still don't know what it is!).

You should gather your data, and repost your question in a  more appropriate forum - since you've posted in the Win 7 WGA forum here, I would suggest that you post with details (rather than rants) in the Windows Answers Win 7 Install/Upgrade forum in the first instance.

Hopefully there you will find someone who cares :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:59 PM