none
Problems with Installing of Windows Server CCS (Adding nodes) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

My purpose is to install CCS and add node. I have 2 computers (64-bit), 1 hub (10Kb/s) for creating small network just for testing.

I have installed WinServer CCS edition on first computer, created Domain on it. Its IP is 192.168.0.1. ON the other I have installed WinServer Enterprise (64-bit) and made it part of the domain. After that I installed Compute Cluster Pack to the first comp as the main node + compute node, and to second one as a compute node as part of the existing cluster.
    Next I choose a topology (each comp has only 1 ethernet) and swithed off the firewall. On the next step I got problems:
    I can't connect second comp to the cluster. I'm the administrator of the both computers, but when I tried "Add Note" from main computer, I've got:

Failed add the specified node to cluster. Verify the computer name is correct, the computer is connected to the network, and the Windows Compute cluster Pack is installed and running on the computer. Detailed error message: Failed to connect to NODE1. Authentification failed on the remote side (the stream might still be availeble for additional authentification attempts).

What is my problem? How to solf it?

In manual I found: 

"The Compute Cluster Node Manager Service must be started before using this method."
    What is Compute Cluster Node Manager Service?

After that I found "Cluster Administrator" in Admin tools. Should I use it some how?

Best wishes Nick
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

This sounds like there might be some network configuration problems. Can you post a little more information about your network? Are you running DHCP in addition to DNS on the head node? Is the firewall enabled on both nodes?

Ryan Waite

Saturday, February 2, 2008 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

This sounds like there might be some network configuration problems. Can you post a little more information about your network? Are you running DHCP in addition to DNS on the head node? Is the firewall enabled on both nodes?

Ryan Waite

Saturday, February 2, 2008 11:19 PM
  • Hi Ryan

You were right. I have checked my system and learned that my Domain Controller worked not so good (my nodes were not in DOMAIN)... After repearing this problem everything are OK.

Thank you for help!
    Sunday, February 3, 2008 6:09 PM