Vista is not supported... RRS feed

Answers

• Validation is ready for Vista and is actually live at this time.

-phil liu

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:32 PM

All replies

• The following hardware and software are required to run Microsoft Private Folder 1.0:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Professional Edition and Media Center Edition with SP2

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:14 PM
  • Validation is ready for Vista and is actually live at this time.

-phil liu

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:32 PM
  • Yes, I know that it will not run or is not supported on Vista till now.

We have 5 different MS OS in the company installed. I dont like to have them all installed on my PC to get all relevant informations or downloads ;) 

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:41 PM
  • great, that sounds good. So possible we need to wait until it works on all MS websides. Because from the URL that I have posted the validation doesnt work (for me).

Thanks!

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:47 PM
  • Ah! Thanks for the clarification Stefan.

Looking closer at the link, you're trying to access microsoft.com/genuine offers (rather than WGA Genuine software via download center).

To clarify, WGA microsoft.com/genuine offers are only for Windows XP users at this time - this is because the software currently gated within microsoft.com/genuine/offers are not supported for Vista and have not been deemed ready for Vista.

Software available there, but deemed "ready" specific for Vista can be found at http://download.microsoft.com. If its not listed there, (but listed in microsoft.com/genuine/offers), then unfortunately, its not available for VistaB2 users at this time. :(

-phil

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:51 PM