How to hide some links that appear in the Quick Launch bar (left hand side bar menu)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project Server 2010, and I'm not able to delete some items that appear in the left hand side bar, I'm able to hide some of them using the Server Settings --> Feel and Look --> Quick Launch bar, but the links that are at the bottom of the left hand side bar don't appear in Server Settings --> Feel and Look --> Quick Launch bar.

Here you have a picture of the options I'm talking about:

Do you know where I have to go to be able to hide them?

Regards,

José Espases

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

• José,

Have you had a look disabled the Show menu items from Microsoft SharePoint Foundation checkbox in the Quick launch settings you were mentioning?

The last three items in your screenshot seem to be names of project sites in your environment. However, the visibility of the BI link you should able to control from the quick launch settings.

Please note that it will take up to one minute before your changes will be applied to the quick launch.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:21 PM
  • In addition to Shelldor23's advise, if you later feel you want to add just one or two of those links back you can do so by adding a custom item to the Quick Launch in that same page directly to the site you want to link to.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by José Espases Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:10 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:29 PM
  • Hello,

You can delete this links there:

/PWA/_layouts/quiklnch.aspx

• Marked as answer by José Espases Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:35 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:58 PM

All replies

• José,

Have you had a look disabled the Show menu items from Microsoft SharePoint Foundation checkbox in the Quick launch settings you were mentioning?

The last three items in your screenshot seem to be names of project sites in your environment. However, the visibility of the BI link you should able to control from the quick launch settings.

Please note that it will take up to one minute before your changes will be applied to the quick launch.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:21 PM
  • In addition to Shelldor23's advise, if you later feel you want to add just one or two of those links back you can do so by adding a custom item to the Quick Launch in that same page directly to the site you want to link to.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by José Espases Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:10 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:29 PM
  • Thank you Shelldor23 and Brian,

the solution was very simple, I tried what you said, Shelldor23, but as it was not working I thought it was not the solution, now I've waited some minutes and then they were not there anymore. I will restore the items I want back using the Brian's solution.

Thank you very much for your help.

José Espases

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Hello,

You can delete this links there:

/PWA/_layouts/quiklnch.aspx

• Marked as answer by José Espases Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:35 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Thank you Bratgera,

this solution is even better.

Regards,

José Espases