To transfer pictures from my Samsung Galaxy phone I need Service Pack 3. Windows Media Player vers 10 or higher Problem with running Windows Genuine Advantage. It keeps telling me that I need a newer version, no matter what I try. RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I have been going around in circles all afternoon.  My Samsung phone gallery is hung up for some unknown reason, so I am trying to transfer the pictures to my laptop.  I can't get a validation code to download the release of Windows Media Player I need because it keeps saying the genuine check version I am trying to run is unsupported, no matter which download of Media Player I go to to get the validation checker.  Running XP Professional Service Pack 3.  Wish I could afford a new computer to run a later version, but can't right now.  I tried going to Control Panel to remove any versions of the validation checker that might be already installed, but I guess there aren't any since it never got past the point of telling me I need a newer version.  Can someone PLEASE tell me where to go to get the validation checker (that will not give me that darned message) off of hopefully a Microsoft site and get my issues resolved?  Thanks much.  Jane Doe.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:09 PM

Answers

• You need to make sure that you're using Internet Explorer for any download from MS (some people need to change the Default Browser to IE as well)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:00 AM

All replies

• You need to make sure that you're using Internet Explorer for any download from MS (some people need to change the Default Browser to IE as well)

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Finally got back to this tonight.  I had misplaced the cable for my phone to connect to my computer.  I believe that it was defaulted to Internet Explorer.  I upgraded Windows Media Player to version 11 and also made updates to my phone through Verizon.  I was able to copy the pictures from the phone card to my hard drive.  Thanks for the help.  It was greatly appreciated.
    Friday, September 27, 2013 4:22 AM
  • Glad it helped!

Good luck

Friday, September 27, 2013 11:26 AM