How to prevent stock price updating when opening Money file? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I work with my Money file during the week yet prevent quotes from downloading - it remains a constant issue.  I could disable my internet connection but looking for an alternative.  

As an option - is there a way to view all quotes for the day and just delete them reimport them with the hleOfxQuotes-Build_20110213_001 I am running?  That would solve my issue somewhat because right now it's a pain to go into each stock and delete the download that occurs. 

I've also tried opening my money file in Sunset (I am using Money Plus Prem) and the stock prices update without any scripts running - I thought this was supposed to be disabled by Microsoft.

Thank you.

Andrew
    Monday, August 22, 2011 4:44 PM

Answers

• In Portfolio Manager, select Update prices > Pick Quotes to download and deselect those that you don't want updated automatically.
    • Proposed as answer by ameridan Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by akedwa Monday, August 22, 2011 7:22 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06 PM

All replies

• In Portfolio Manager, select Update prices > Pick Quotes to download and deselect those that you don't want updated automatically.
    • Proposed as answer by ameridan Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by akedwa Monday, August 22, 2011 7:22 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06 PM
  • How can I work with my Money file during the week yet prevent quotes from downloading - it remains a constant issue.  I could disable my internet connection but looking for an alternative.  

As an option - is there a way to view all quotes for the day and just delete them reimport them with the hleOfxQuotes-Build_20110213_001 I am running?  That would solve my issue somewhat because right now it's a pain to go into each stock and delete the download that occurs. 

I've also tried opening my money file in Sunset (I am using Money Plus Prem) and the stock prices update without any scripts running - I thought this was supposed to be disabled by Microsoft.

Thank you.

Andrew
    I'm guessing that you only want the end-of-day price, not the hoard of changes through the day (otherwise why do you not simply delete the download option).  The only way I know of, is to open Money AFTER the stock exchange closes for the day.  Daft, but it works for me.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:13 PM
  • That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Andrew
    Monday, August 22, 2011 7:24 PM
  • FYI, in my dev tree for 'sunriise', I have code that can be run to delete all today quote prices (simulate  going to each quote and delete them via the UI). The one draw-back for this scheme is that you need to exit MS Money before you can run the sunriise delete codes.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:12 PM