Outbound link as conversion goal RRS feed

• Question

• I've been unable to figure out how to configure an outbound link as a goal in Gatineau. It's common for a blog or affiliate marketer to use an outbound link as conversion goal, an option supported by Google Analytics. One example: an outbound link to FeedBurner's subscription page. Is this functionality currently available in Gatineau or on the roadmap? It would be extremely useful.

Thanks,

Charles

Micro Marketing

Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Charles,

Did some research into the Gattineau Goals functionality and it looks like you have the right of it at this time.  Currently the goal has to be a landing page with your Gattineau script on it for the goal to count.  So an external page will not work, as it wouldn't have your tracking script on it.  I am putting the question to my engineers to see if it is on the road map, and if it isn’t, possibly see about getting it included.

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll reply again as soon as I have an answer from the Engineers.

Thanks!

Brian.

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Charles,

Did some research into the Gattineau Goals functionality and it looks like you have the right of it at this time.  Currently the goal has to be a landing page with your Gattineau script on it for the goal to count.  So an external page will not work, as it wouldn't have your tracking script on it.  I am putting the question to my engineers to see if it is on the road map, and if it isn’t, possibly see about getting it included.

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll reply again as soon as I have an answer from the Engineers.

Thanks!

Brian.

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:00 PM
  • Brian:

Thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully it's already on the roadmap or can be included. It's a critical metric for blogs.

Charles

Micro Marketing

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:05 PM
  • Hi Charles,

Just got word back from my Engineers, and this wasn't originaly on their roadmap, so likely won't make Beta 2.  They do like the idea however, and are looking at adding the functionality to a future release.

Thanks!

Brian.

Monday, December 3, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Cool. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Charles

Micro Marketing

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:19 PM