Automatic logon not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I've setup an OCS server in my company. It is well integrated in the AD and MOC works. However, there is no automatic logon: the user has to type in is sip login, but no password. When I was testing OCS on VMWare, the logon was automatic.
    What could be the cause of the probleme? The use of OUs?
    Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:31 PM

Answers

• Oops, I forgot about this thread.

The problem is solved: I think you've got to wait for the replication of the changes between DCs when you activate a user for OCS in the AD. If someone knows better, please feel free to explain if that's the case.

Once you've waited for some time, the logon is automatic.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:48 PM

All replies

• I'm assuming you've deployed the required DNS SRV records to facilitate Automatic Configuration of the client.

Take a look at this blog article on how to walk through the logon process and see if you locate which step is failing: https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=14

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:37 PM
  • The SRV record is set and working: a nslookup works fine, and MOC can login. It's just the auto login that is'nt 'automatic'.
    Thanks for the link.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:23 PM
  • Was the configuration of your AD and SIP domain name different in the lab?  Does the currently logged on user have a different user logon name than their SiP name?  Is it happeneing for every user?

I've seen this happen on a handful of computers before and it was related to the user or desktop, but if it's organization-wide than you may be looking at a configuration mismatch of some sort.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:26 PM
  • For John Doe, login would be jodo, mail address jdoe@mycompany.com and the sip login name jdoe@mycompany.com too.
    I thought that the difference between logon and sip logon names may have something to do with it, so I tried changing the sip logon name to jodo@mycompany.com, but it still doesn't work.
    It's happening for every user activated for OCS.
    What I don't understand is that it doesn't ask for any password: once the sip logon name is typed in, the login button pressed, the user is logged in.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:37 PM
  • Do these users have blank passwords?  I'm not clear as to if the issue is authentication or simply supplying the user's SIP logon nameIt sounds like the latter; if so do you have the Sign-in address configured in the OC client's Personal Options?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:02 PM
  • No blank passwords: these are real users. And the field you're talking about is filled with the right address in the options.
    When I made my tests under VMWare, at the first login of an user, when I launched MOC, it automatically logged in, without having to fill in any adress nor password, whether at the login screen or in the options of the software.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:20 PM
  • Oops, I forgot about this thread.

The problem is solved: I think you've got to wait for the replication of the changes between DCs when you activate a user for OCS in the AD. If someone knows better, please feel free to explain if that's the case.

Once you've waited for some time, the logon is automatic.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:48 PM
  • That is correct; enabling a user for OCS in a multiple-DC environment can take some time before the user is able to logon successfully, although not always.  It's just luck of the draw based on which DC the changes are made to and which DC the client attempts to authenticate against.

That said, I've seen scenarios where enabling the users for OCS via the OCS Management Console took simply way too long; I got tired of waiting and simply used ADUC to enable the remaining users.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:04 PM