security issues with lookup field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a custom entity "install".  I have security settings so that UserType1 has user level access to install (create, edit, delete, etc.).  I only want UserType1 to see his own installs.

Install has 2 lookup fields, one to Account, another to custom "install location".

Use case 1:  UserType1 user creates and saves a new install record, from an installs view.  This works as expected.

Use case 2:  UserType1 opens an install location, and clicks on installs, then add new install.  User cannot save this new install.  The 2 lookup fields referenced above are prepopulated based on creating from an install location.

Is there a security setting I may be missing?  I don't understand why the user can create and save a new install, but not from the install location.

(Note:  use also has access to user-level security for the user locations.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

gg

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Geeky Girl,

Is the Install Location and the Account owned by the User also?

Could you please check that the user has the Append privilege on the Install plus the Append To privilege for the Account and Install Location?

Hope this helps,

Kevin Hughes
    CRM Twenty11
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:05 PM
  • Is the Install Location and the Account owned by the User also?

YES

Could you please check that the user has the Append privilege on the Install plus the Append To privilege for the Account and Install Location?

YES, the only thing the user doesn't have is delete priveleges on all entities.

????  still stuck...thanks for the help though

Friday, May 6, 2011 1:58 AM
  • Ok, just to get some clarity on the situation

Account A is owned by User 1
    Install Location B is owned by User 1

User 1: Create Install from default view, set Account Lookup to Account A and Install Location to Install Location B - Works

User 1: Create Install from Install Location B and then set Account Lookup to Account A - Does not work?

Does the user receive an error message on Save or is the Save Option simply not available?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Hughes
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:49 AM