CRM 4 Forward incoming email with attachment RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup a queue in CRM 4 to receive incoming emails directed to our helpdesk.
    I have successfully setup a workflow to automatically create a new case for each newly reported incident.
    As part of the workflow I send an email to everybody who works on our helpdesk and include the original email body message using the keyword {Description(E-mail)}
    This works fine except that I cannot find any way to forward on any received email attachment.

All help is appreciated.

TIA,

Joe Kelly

Joe
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:28 PM

Answers

• I suspect that you won't be able to do this with workflow.  Why not just forward the e-mail to the helpdesk staff using a distribution group in Exchange?  You could include the CRM queue in the group and therefore have new cases created by your workflow.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:53 AM

All replies

• I suspect that you won't be able to do this with workflow.  Why not just forward the e-mail to the helpdesk staff using a distribution group in Exchange?  You could include the CRM queue in the group and therefore have new cases created by your workflow.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:53 AM
  • Thanks,

I suspected this.  Thanks for replying.  There are a few obvious holes that the CRM team still need to fill.

Joe
    Joe
    Monday, April 20, 2009 6:27 PM