Import lost Opportunity data into Competitors field? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am looking for a way to show which opportunities were lost to a competitor. As it is now, when an opportunity is qualified as Lost to a Competitor, there is an option to choose which competitor. However, I want CRM to automatically import that into the competitor's file (either under Notes or in a custom text field) so we do not have to enter that information twice.

Ideally, when the information is imported it should show the Lead Name, Company Name, date and any notes we enter under Description. However, I'd be satisfied with just the Company Name and date.

Is there a way to do this?

Monday, July 11, 2011 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can develop a plugin which will execute on Create event of OpportunityClose in Post Operation ( create on Post Operation so on only ceate Notes in Competitor recoed if OpportunityClose record created sucessfully) . In plugin you can check if OpportunityClose entity contains competetor lookup attribute then only create Notes in the related Competitor entity record.

Or else you can develop a custom workflow assembly (will not work with CRM 2011 online) that will take opportunity as input paramter, retrieve asssosiated OpportunityClose entity records, if it is lost then get competitor lookup and output the competitor lookup and then in workflow you can create a notes assostaed to the compotetor as per required.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, July 11, 2011 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aryn Gessel Monday, July 11, 2011 6:29 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 5:14 PM