none
unable to access proper version of ocx file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have a question which maybe lame for some but its proving a serious issue for me

i have an application say name abcd one stored at C:\Program Files (x86) whose version is 5.7

and same application with version 5.9 is installed at different location say  C:\temp

i have to access the ocx file of the version 5.9 from my vb6 application while developing the vb6 code i always give the ocx component address of 5.9 version but while execution on the system my vb6 always accesses the 5.7 version ocx location

do i have to make any change in settings so my .9 version of ocx gets accessed everytime the application is run.

i am novice to vb6 and .Net/COM so any help will  be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Monday, October 1, 2018 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, your issue is more related about VB6. And this forum is discussing and

asking questions about the vb.net.

Ask in the following forum.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:13 AM