none
Problems with the debugger SIP phone RRS feed

• Question

• In a class I taught last week we were doing an exercise that used the NavigableList activity. When running the application in the debugger we found that every 2nd item in the list was skipped.

Further investigation revealed that it worked fine for text input but if using voice input we were getting 2 RECO events so the list skipped items. When speaking the response "next" we got  a speech reco event and the recognized value was placed into the text box. The app wouldn't progress until we clicked the submit button and this resulted in submitting the text to the application and caused a second reco.

Is there any way to get the spoken input to be submitted or keep it from firing a reco event if text is the only thing that actually submits to the app?

Monday, October 29, 2007 6:02 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting that Marshal, I get the same behaviour with the MenusAndLists sample app.  It looks like an annoying bug in the Speech Debugger.  If you use CTRL-F5, spoken input works fine. 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:14 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting that Marshal, I get the same behaviour with the MenusAndLists sample app.  It looks like an annoying bug in the Speech Debugger.  If you use CTRL-F5, spoken input works fine. 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:14 AM
  • Thanks Anthony.

We also noticed the different behavior using CTRL-F5.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:31 PM